srijeda, 3. prosinca 2014.

What I love most about literature is the rare experience of encountering a worthy mind.





Napokon sam naišao na citat koji gotovo potpuno točno opisuje što i sam u osnovi želim i očekujem od književnosti:




What I love most about literature is the rare experience of encountering a worthy mind. It’s not just about the story or the plot or the arc or the characters or the formula or the climax or the talent or the craft, it’s about how this other sees the world and expresses what they see. I want to know how their mind works, the connections it makes, the impressions it conveys. I don’t want to merely read to find out what’s going to happen, or how it’s all going to end, or what it’s going to make me feel. I don’t want to be nothing more than a passive subject operated upon as if mechanically by some technician who knows precisely how to manipulate my emotions. I can always watch a movie for that! When I read I want to come in contact with a mind through which I can discover new perspectives. - Tom Lichtenberg -
pigeonweather.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/recommended-the-sixty-five-years-of-washington-by-juan-jose-saer/

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar